About Neighbor Spotlight
Neighbor Spotlight is a new program from the City of Durham’s Neighborhood Improvement Services Department. The purpose of the program is to recognize residents who have gone above and beyond to improve our communities. Neighbor Spotlight will recognize a resident, or group of residents, each month.
How will the City select recipients?
On the 15th of each month, a City sponsored selection committee will review applications and select the recipient for the following month. The City will keep nominations for consideration for 6 months. If the nomination is not chosen for a Neighbor Spotlight, the nominated resident will be sent a copy of the nomination so that they will know they were nominated and why.
The committee will select residents who have gone above and beyond the normal responsibilities of Durham residents to…
• increase involvement of other neighbors
• work to improve the safety and security of their neighborhoods
• connect residents with community and supportive services
• improve the quality of life in their communities
Neighbor Spotlight recipients will …
• Receive a Neighbor Spotlight certificate presented by the Mayor during the second City Council meeting of the following month.
• Receive a lawn sign to display their Neighbor Spotlight selection
• Be highlighted on the website, and in the Neighborhood Improvement Services newsletter.
• Must be a resident of the City of Durham
• Cannot be employed by the City of Durham
• Cannot have won in the last year.
• May be part of a process that has spanned multiple years, but must have continued into current year.
• Cannot be performed as an element of paid employment.
• Complete and submit the Neighbor Spotlight form online.
How may I nominate a resident?
• Complete and submit the Neighbor Spotlight form online
• To request a paper version of the nomination form, call 919-560-1647. Submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail to Community Engagement, Neighborhood Improvement Services 101 City Hall Plaza, Durham, NC 27701 or bring it directly to the Neighborhood Improvement Services office at 807 E Main Street, Building 2 Floor 3.
• The City will accept nominations year-round.
If you have any questions, contact Jacob Lerner at email@example.com