Masks for NonProfits + This week's + 8
Nota: Si desearecibir el boletín en español, regístrese aquí.
Here's a roundup of important information for this week. Please share with your friends and community members- you never know who might need it. As always, let us know if you have any questions.
Wishing you health and happiness!
Your City of Durham Community Engagement Team
P.S. If anyone else would like to sign up to receive this newsletter, they can do so at https://www.durhamcommunityengagement.org/interests.
This Week’s Top 8
- Nonprofits: Request Masks from Durham County
- DPS: Apply for Ignite Online Academy
- DPS: Apply for Meal Benefits
- COVID-19:Updated List of Symptoms
- COVID-19 Myths & Facts
- COVID-19 Prevention, Testing, and Medical Care (Webinar in Spanish)
- Family Summer Learning with Explore Durham
- Have you completed yours? 2020 CENSUS
1. Nonprofits: Request Masks from Durham County
Are you a Durham County nonprofit that needs reusable masks for staff and volunteers? If so, please complete this short form to submit a request: http://dconc.gov/nonprofitmasks
2. DPS: Apply for Ignite Online Academy
The Ignite Online Academy will extend the deadline for their Ignite Seat Request Form (for students K-8) until July 22nd. Ignite Online Academy will host two virtual open house events. One on Wednesday, July 15th 5:30PM and another on Monday, July 20th at 6:30PM. Check out ignite.dpsnc.net for sample schedules and answers to many common parent questions.
3. DPS: Apply for Meal Benefits
4. Updated List of COVID-19 Symptoms
The CDC has updated the list of possible symptoms of COVID-19: https://cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html….
Not feeling well? Stay home and away from others, and learn more about how to get tested near you: https://dcopublichealth.org/services/communicable-diseases/coronavirus-disease-2019/covid-19-testing/-fsiteid-3
5. COVID-19 Myth & Facts
- Have a fever? You should stay home.
- Feel well? You should stay home. A fever can be a sign of COVID-19, but it is possible to have COVID & spread it to others even if you feel well. There's no way to be completely safe if you spend time close to others.
6. COVID-19 Prevention, Testing, Medical Attention (Webinar in Spanish)
Join Durham County Cooperative Extension and the Durham County Public Health Department next Wednesday, July 15 from 6:30-7:30 PM for a webinar through Zoom and Facebook Live with leaders of Durham’s health agencies who will provide the latest recommendations for prevention, where to have tests done, and how to receive medical attention. Our guests will be from Samaritan Health Clinic, Curamericas Global, and El Centro.
Join through Zoom: https://ncsu.zoom.us/j/93435982041
Join through Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/DurhamExtension/
7. Family Summer Learning with Explore Durham
Explore Durham 2020 is a weekly summer enrichment program for families featuring history, literature, arts, math, and science activities and learning opportunities in and around our great city. Families can find ideas and information to get out and about in the Bull City while still following state and Durham guidelines for social distancing and other health precautions. https://dpsnc.net/exploredurham/home
8. 2020 Census- Have you completed yours?
From feeding and housing our communities to ending police brutality, the 2020 Census is a tool to secure the resources and political power needed to thrive – not just survive. Be Counted Today- 2020Cencus.gov
In Case You Missed It...
- Do you need help finding meals for your child? Text FOODNC to 877-877.
- This newsletter and past newsletters are also available on our website. https://www.durhamcommunityengagement.org/news