Front Porch Parade (June20) + Top 10
Nota: Si desearecibir el boletín en español, regístrese aquí.
Hi Alexis --
Here's a roundup of important information for this week. Please share with your friends and community members- you never know who might need it. As always, let us know if you have any questions.
Wishing you health and happiness!
Durham Community Engagement Team
P.S. If anyone else would like to sign up to receive this newsletter, they can do so at https://www.durhamcommunityengagement.org/interests
This Week’s Top 10
- Summer Meals Program
- COVID-19 Questions
- Where Can You Get Tested?
- Be Sure to Answer the Call (NC OUTREACH)
- Sign up for Duke Community Health Watch
- Check out Durham's State of the County Health (Annual Report)
- Prepare you Family Disaster Plan
- Hurricane Preparation for Kids
- Latino Credit Union: Solidarity Loan
- Faith Leaders & 2020 Census
Plus, Juneteenth Celebration Parade & In case you missed it...
Read more below.
1. Summer Meals Program
DPS School Nutrition Services Summer Meals Program for children kicks-off today. All children in Durham County, up to age 18, are eligible. READ MORE: dpsnc.net
2. COVID-19 Questions
- Who can get tested?
- How does testing work?
Get all your COVID-19 questions answered here: http://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/testing
3. Know Where Can You Get Tested
Need COVID-19 testing? There are 3 easy ways to find testing locations near you:
- Visit our website for a list: http://dcopublichealth.org/covidtesting
- Visit our data hub for a map: …https://durhampublichealth-durhamnc.hub.arcgis.com
- Visit the state testing portal & enter your address: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/about-covid-19/testing/find-my-testing-place
4. Be Sure to Answer the Call (NC OUTREACH)
Answer the Call if your caller ID says NC OUTREACH (844-628-7223) or is from your local health department. Our COVID-19 Community Team is calling to help you protect yourself and your loved ones. Your information is a private health record and will not be shared.
5. Sign up for Duke Community Health Watch
Duke Community Health Watch is a program that helps individuals monitor COVID-19 symptoms at home, in order to improve health outcomes during this pandemic. And it's open to everyone! Find more information: website http:/covidwatch.dukehealth.org/ / phone 919-684-7979 / email [email protected].
6. Check out Durham's State of the County Health (Annual Report)
This report is an update on data from the 2017 Durham County Community Health Assessment (CHA) and the County’s top five health priorities– affordable housing, access to healthcare and health insurance, poverty, mental health and obesity, diabetes and food access. Its purpose is to provide the community with information on the health of its residents and to assist with grant writing, local policies, budgets and programs.https://healthydurham.org/health-data
7. Prepare Your Family Disaster Plan
Before a hurricane is heading your way, develop a family disaster plan. Use this template from the American Red Cross to create your plan of action and identify responsibilities for each member of your household. Download the family disaster plan template here >> http://spr.ly/6018GGe9y
8. Hurricane Preparation for Kids
Preparing for hurricane season isn't just for adults, kids need to be prepared too. The CDC Emergency's Hurricane Preparedness Workbook which is full of activities and tips to ensure your whole family is prepared. https://www.dominionenergy.com/hurricanepre
10. Latino Credit Union: Solidarity Loan
Have you lost your income due to COVID-19? With a very low rate and an easy application process, Solidarity Loan is here to support you. https://latinoccu.org/products-and-services/loans-credit/solidarity-loan/ Need established membership with Latino CU on or before March 15, 2020.
10. Faith Leaders & 2020 Census
Faith Leaders ask their communities to respond to the 2020 Census https://youtu.be/JaWr2oLWa-w
Don't forget to take the Census! https://my2020census.gov/
Juneteenth Celebration Parade
Saturday, June 20, 2020
- 10:30am Line Up, 11am Parade
- Start & Finish: 414 E. Main Street
In case you missed it...
- Are you are struggling to pay your water bill? Check out the City of Durham’s Water Hardship Fund https://durhamnc.gov/FormCenter/Water-Management-16/Water-Hardship-Fund-227
- This newsletter and past newsletters are also available on our website. https://www.durhamcommunityengagement.org/news
Durham Community Engagement Team
Neighborhood Improvement Services Department
City of Durham